As discussed on the calendar page, we need to pick some pictures to go in the calendar. To vote for your favorite pictures, simply add a comment at the bottom of this page.
- I’ve copied below what I think are the 50 best pictures I’ve captured so far of life in Estabrook Park and assigned each one a number in its caption. If I add more, I will put them at the top and continue numbering them sequentially.
- Just include the numbers of the pictures you like in your comment, and you can separate them by commas, if that helps.
- We will probably have 12 pictures, one for each month of the year, as Audubon and The Nature Conservancy do, so please don’t pick more, but Lois suggests that you may certainly picker fewer. It might also be nice to have a mix of critters: some birds, some bugs, and maybe a reptile and mammal, or two.
- Keep in mind that we’ll all have to look at each picture for an entire month, so try to pick ones that have good quality and are aesthetically pleasing. Landscape is best, and portrait might be problematic. I don’t know yet.
- If there is some other picture that you really like that I haven’t included here, just let me know, and I’ll add it. For example, there are 277 pictures from the park on flickr at www.flickr.com/photos/andrewdressel/albums/72157713703616688
- Finally, it would be awesome if you also indicated how many calendars you might want, if we were to sell them at $20. This is completely non-binding, but will be a huge help in deciding how many calendars to get printed.
- You may even change your mind. I don’t think you can edit old comments, but you are certainly welcome to add new ones as the mood strikes you.
More images available at https://www.flickr.com/photos/andrewdressel/albums/72157713703616688