Skip to content
- The pair of Canada geese were still there with one on the nest and the other chasing away interlopers.
- The male Mallards are now up to four. Perhaps they’re starting a fraternity.
- The two pairs of Wood ducks were still there and a little less skittish.
- The single male Red-breasted Merganser was there and even rolling onto his side to preen his belly.
- The single Pied-billed Grebe was there and caught a little fish for breakfast.
- The Red-bellied Woodpecker, Chet, as nowhere to be found. Maybe he was out looking for breakfast, too.
- I’ve started posting the best pictures on flickr at
- and here’s the Grebe with his fish.