Grey skies, so the pictures aren’t as pretty as yesterday’s.
- The pair of Canada Geese are still watching over the pond and incubating their eggs. The male honked at multiple fly-bys, and finally scrambled to chase off another couple that wouldn’t take no for an answer.
- The Mallard Fraternity is up to 5 members this morning and starting to do some bottom feeding.
- The male Red-breasted Merganser was back and using a new fishing technique this morning. Instead of just diving, he merely puts his face in the water and trolls forward until he sees something worth diving for, I guess.
- The Pied-billed Grebe was back and fishing as he’s done before, spending more time underwater than on the surface.
- The white-haired geezers were also out in force.
I’ve posted a couple of new pictures at